Job title: Claims Auditor
Job description: Our valued client is looking for a senior claims professional to join their team in the role of Claims Auditor. The successful candidate will demonstrate their claims experience by analyzing and reporting on claim audits, recommending advice on challenges, and implementing solutions. This position reports to the Vice President of Claims and is located at their Edmonton Head Office.
- Conduct auditing to ensure business standards are met and consistency is applied.
- Ensure proper reserves are met while examining complex files and provide recommendations for further handling of files.
- Communicate audit findings, analyze claims trends, and recommend opportunities to improve by sharing best practises.
- Create and maintain reports to communicate summaries of findings along with stability of reserves on large losses.
- Work closely with claims examiners on larger files and foster clear and effective communication between management and team leads.
- Assess current audit processes and recommend process improvements and further implementation.
- Propose potential training needs identified through the audit process.
- Act as a lead on various projects as required.
Ideally, you have over 10 years of bodily injury and property adjusting experience. You are a strong communicator and are not rattled by opposing views. You look to create the best possible processes for claims and speak in an effective, collaborative way but still manage to reconcile differences. You work hard and lead by example. You are approachable and genuinely care about your team.
- Ten (10) years’ technical experience in both Bodily Injury and Property, as well as previous experience adjusting/examining large losses.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships quickly.
- Computer/IT savvy
- You have a genuine desire to improve processes and are fantastic at negotiating.
- CIP or FCIP designation is considered an asset
About the Company:
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer’s and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to [email protected] If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:59:38 GMT