Job title: Health and Safety Rep/Labourer
Job description: Job Title: Labourer/Health and Safety Rep
Business Unit: Minto Communities Management Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award winning, and fully integrated real estate company, offering new homes and condos, rentals, furnished suites, property and investment management. Since our humble beginnings in 1955, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 8,800 rental units, and carry 2.5 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.5 billion in assets. With over 1,100 employees in Canada and the southern USA, we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time, collectively embracing our values – Accomplishment, Courage, Innovation, and Partnership — in all that we do.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we are faced with an ever changing environment where there is ample opportunity to try something new. We believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We pride ourselves on flexibility – extending beyond a competitive total rewards package, to include a platform for career and professional development, a reward and recognition program, tuition and professional designation reimbursement, employee discounts on new homes and rentals, flexible summer hours, and so much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
Help the Construction Team deliver the construction of assigned homes from excavation through to completion with general labour tasks. Also support the Construction Team with the monitoring and implementation of Minto’s and regulatory Health and Safety Policies. To contribute to an exceptional Customer experience and deliver on schedule, while upholding Minto’s core values.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
- Seek opportunities to assist our home owners in order to provide an exceptional customer experience including addressing any complaints forwarded by homeowners, and/or forwarding on the message to the appropriate Foreman or Assistant Foreman;
- Present themselves in a professional and customer focused manner in all interactions with homeowners:
Health and Safety Rep Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring, maintenance and implementation of Minto’s and Ministry of Labour’s (MOL), health and safety policies and reporting up to Site Supervisor
- Responsible to maintain safety files and log activities
- Maintain Minto employee training records
- Responsible to host and take minutes of joint health and safety meetings
- Responsible to keep record of trade health and safety policies, toolbox meetings, safety certifications, etc.
- Ensure that all safety rails and ramps are compliant with MOL regulations,
- Ensure Trades are following health and safety policy and report any violators to the Site Superintendent
- Maintain health and safety equipment on site (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, stretchers, etc.)
- Responsible for cleanliness/presentation of individual lots, the community and site office, placing debris in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling program
- Responsible for ensuring homes are checked, locked and secured on a daily basis;
- Responsible to prepare house for next trade as required (clean debris, remove cardboard protection,
- Will be required to clean homes as needed prior to Homeowner visits;;
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for interior trades (prior to the heating system turning on) as required;
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Who we’re looking for:
Education: A High School Diploma and relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset.
Experience: Entry level position, previous work experience is an asset.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Communication skills (listening, verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Good organizational skills to maintain specific timelines
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle are required
- Familiar with applicable legislations, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Building Code, Provincial Fire codes and Environmental Protection Act is considered an asset.
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 06:41:37 GMT