Job title: Intern – Facilities (Winter 2021)
Company: Mackenzie Financial Corporation
Job description: IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada’s premier financial services companies, and one of the country’s largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $170.4 billion in total assets under management as of July 31, 2020. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience – we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
We are currently hiring an intern looking for a winter term position, January to April 2021. Candidates in an undergraduate program that will be returning to school after the internship are eligible to apply.
Located in our Toronto office, as a Facilities Assistant, responsible for the day to day support of the Real Estate team.
- Document & monitor vacancies and occupancies providing real time snap shot of space utilization in the building
- Assist with finding suitable accommodation for incoming staff and consultants
- Created annotated floor plans for presentations and planning purposes
- Maintain space utilization database in excel; conduct occupancy metric calculations
- Assisting relocation of individuals as required
- Track & monitor storage inventory, including furniture parts, case goods and base building supplies
- Assist in presentation preparation
- Registered students returning to school in 2020 in a related field (BCom, BA, BSc, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment & decision-making skills
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize time-sensitive deadlines
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and transcripts (full unofficial version) by September 27th at 11:59pm EST.
Please visit our Student Career page by clicking on the following link:
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 00-20-24
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 03:04:49 GMT