Job title: Wealth Strategist
Job description: We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
High net worth clients often require additional expertise due to their level of wealth and the complexities involved. The role of a Wealth Strategist is to partner with CIBC Private Banking Advisors, CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors and CIBC Private Investment Counselors to understand the unique and complex needs of the high net worth client, and offer recommendations to optimize and grow the clients’ wealth. Wealth Strategists develop a holistic and integrated wealth management strategy – one that combines investment management, estate planning, tax planning, and retirement planning strategies amongst others so they all work together to achieve your clients’ goals.
How You’ll Succeed
- Client First – Prepare and present comprehensive financial plans that meet existing and prospective client’s needs and objectives for HNW clients (minimum $5 million in investible assets) by leveraging internal CIBC expertise. Work with the client’s other external advisors as appropriate (i.e. lawyers and accountants) in gathering and validating information to support development of plans and recommendations.
- Collaboration – Work proactively with Investment Advisors, Private Banking Advisors and Private Investment Counselors to lead the development of an integrated financial plan for new and existing HNW clients. Assemble a multi-disciplined team to develop innovative domestic and global solutions for the client’s personal and business needs (banking, investing, estate and trust planning, tax minimization, education, business valuation, sale of a business, charitable giving etc.)
- Relationship Building – Make an impact in your community, and show clients they’re appreciated by engaging in marketing and outreach activities. Play an active role in the acquisition and retention of HNW clients through proactive networking. Build and sustain a network of experts (lawyers, accountants, tax experts, etc.) who can be leveraged to support the development of complex financial plans and identify potential referral sources for clients.
Who You Are
- You’re an expert financial planner. You can demonstrate superior financial planning skills and proven success in developing comprehensive financial plans for HNW and UHNW clients.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do. You have extensive experience working with High Net Worth clients.
- You’re a certified professional. You have successfully completed the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) designation or have other designations such as CPA, CA, CMA, LLB. TEP and FEA are considered an asset.
- This is a mobile role and may require frequent travel. This job has the authority to operate within a delegated budget including travel expenses
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home.
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity.
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Job Location Winnipeg-1 Lombard Place 10th
Employment Type Regular
Weekly Hours 37.5
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:03:31 GMT